Caroline Goldberg Igra does a superb job of exploring this timeless and important bond. Her plot, which lands Belle living with Lillian…heaven forbid…for a short period, is engaging and brilliantly developed. Readers can’t wait to see the fireworks start. They do, but as the ashes cool, each woman has come to recognize her shortcomings and the others’ strengths. The final message is universal: with love, all things, including forgiveness, are possible. Be prepared to take your time with From Where I Stand. The delivery is primarily narration to allow readers to enter each character’s head and heart. This is an intelligent read. It invites reflection and self-analysis. Let’s hope you like what you discover about yourself!
- She Shouldn’t, She Wouldn’t, She Couldn’t: An updated look at contemporary fiction that bravely takes on one of the oldest puzzles in the world–Mothers
- The Truth behind the Polka Dot: Kusama’s World
- The Postman never rings twice
- Vote the cover of From Where I Stand
- Zadok Ben-David’s premonition: Art and the Pandemic